blog template

October 1, 2015

Autumn Leaves

I am so ready for fall!  Here in Pensacola, FL it is still so hot and humid!  The high today is supposed to be 81 degrees.  Apparently the fact that it is the beginning of October doesn't mean anything in the Florida panhandle.  To console myself, I used fabulous fall colors on my project.  Our theme this week is Lots of Layers, so I got to play with lots of colors and patterns.


The image is Stringing Autumn Leaves from our sponsor, Lemon Shortbread.  She is colored with Copic markers.  I got the idea to create a leaf garland from a card I ran across during my travels through blogland.  You can see the inspiration card on this blog.  I loved the coffee cup garland so much!  When I was designing the layout for this card, the garland popped into mind and I knew a leaf garland was a great touch.  The leaves were cut using my Silhouette Cameo.

I hope you pile on your layers and come play with us.  There is a prize of three digital stamps up for grabs.  Click on the badge below to pop over to the shop and check out all of the wonderful Lemon Shortbread stamps.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/lemonshortbread


Cards in Envy has a colors of fall challenge, so this girl is going to hang a leaf garland in that challenge.

Crafting for all Seasons has an autumnal hues challenge.  This little girl is going to take her autumn leaves and show them off.

Crafty Sentiments Designs has an autumn leaves challenge.  She is going to string some leaves in that challenge.

Color Throwdown has a gorgeous fall palette and she is going to show off her autumn colors in that challenge.



Card measures 5.5" x 4.25"
Spellbinders Floral Oval dies
Basic Grey buttons
American Crafts twine
Silhouette maple leaf cut file (basic on machine)
Eco Chic trims from Michaels



8 comments:

Annie S. said...

Oh my gosh...Love your coloring of that sweet image and that leaf garland is fabulous! Love it! Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card at Cards in Envy!

Sandy Trefger said...

Adorable Autumn card and image! Your coloring is fabulous and I love your design. It is still warm here in Texas but today we finally had a more Autumn like day. Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful fall scene and yes...that leaf garland is an amazing detail! Thanks for joining us at Color Throwdown this week!

Céline said...

gorgeous !
thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
hugs
céline

Vickie Z said...

Lovely fall card...love those leaves!! So glad you joined us at CTD!!

Tamie said...

Hi Teammie. I simply adore the colors you used and the inspiration you gave me to think about with the leaves. Love it :)

Tamie DT Sister

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous card Rae Ann! She is colored perfectly and I love the leaves!

Hugs,
Kelly

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, such a pretty image.
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Pauline
x